MSA Trust

Home
Forum

purple ice buckets?

Welcome to the Forum. If you are new to here then you just need to click 'Register' below. If you have any problems resetting your password or creating an account then please email support@msatrust.org.uk and we can help you with the process. Thank you.

Home Forums Campaigns and consultation purple ice buckets?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar RichardRivas 8 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 773 times

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    leo vogel
    Participant

40 000 000 US $. Up to yesterday. Well done ALS friends.
    I think we need to invest in professional marketeers as well. And lots of MSA persons will have to come out of the closet.
    Start shaking up your own network.
    Leo.

Freda
    Participant

Leo

That’s a lot of dollars. No cruelty inflicted on the water either. All the other possibilities like buckets of worms seem a little unkind.

Freda

leo vogel
    Participant

the ALS ice bucket challenge has almost reached 100 million us$. That is serious money to invest in research.
    Leo.

Freda
    Participant

A hard act to follow.

Our local hospice volunteer newsletter is asking for ideas, It will not I think be the only organisation looking for simple, easy to administer ideas which appeal to people’s sense of “sooner him than me”

As Leo says – shake up your networks and see if some brilliant ideas fall out… and do it soon before everyone loses interest..
    Freda

janel
    Participant

I take the view that $40m going into research into ALS/MND is no bad thing as it is going to further understanding of the human brain and its disfunctions, so MSA may well be an indirect beneficiary.
    The ice bucket challenge was one of those seminal, off-the-wall ideas that captured the imagination of the global public – I think the US Purple Rain challenge is trying to emulate it, but is a pale imitation. Still, good luck to them!

Melissa
    Participant

We have an opportunity to get an article into the BMJ to raise awareness of MSA.
    If anyone has an experience of delayed diagnosis (possibly referred to a Urologist long before a Neurologist) that they are willing to share, please contact Franca Tranza, Head of Communications at our HQ. Tel 0207 940 4666.
    Thank you, Samantha.

RichardRivas
    Participant

Agree with you. investment is very important

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Simple Share Buttons
Your Cart