MSA Trust

London Marathon

Welcome to the Forum. If you are new to here then you just need to click 'Register' below. If you have any problems resetting your password or creating an account then please email support@msatrust.org.uk and we can help you with the process. Thank you.

Home Forums MSA Trust eventers London Marathon

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Participant

Test 1

Participant

evening all! are there any london marathon runners out there in essex??

Participant
    Participant

Below and above my just giving page and fundraising event! Please feel free to come or donate! Hope you’re al getting on ok xx

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/Claire-Styles2017

Participant

Hope Everyone’s training is going to plan. Good luck everyone. Does Everyone have hotels booked?

Participant

We have booked an airbnb by the excel centre for the night. Not sure how to get to the start from there but hoping all will become clear on the day!! Hope your training going well

Keymaster

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone’s fundraising and training is going well? Just wanted to introduce myself as your point of contact at the MSA Trust for all things fundraising. You can get in touch with me via email – tanya.mitra@msatrust.org.uk

A little more than 2 months left before the big day! This would be the best time to get some sort of support/advise/tips etc. from your fellow runners. So I would like to encourage all 2017 runners to talk a little about the following to get the ball rolling –

Is this your first marathon and if not, how many marathons have you done before? Was it a gradual start, like a 10K first or have you plunged yourself directly into a marathon?

Any training tips you would like to share that have worked well for you so far?

Are you sticking very religiously to the Marathon Training schedule or are you being a bit flexible!

To sign off I would like to share this wonderful website Runner’s World packed with info/tips and advise for runners just like you https://www.runnersworld.co.uk/

Hope to hear from everyone.
    Best wishes,

Tanya Mitra
    Fundraising Team

Participant

Basically just went straight in at the deep end. Never run any sort of distance prior to getting involved for London. But it’s turning out to be quiet enjoyable!
    We have been looking to book one of the holiday inn packages which include a free coach to take you to the start line.
    2 months will fly past!

Participant

Hi! I have done some running before but nothing serious and no further than 10km. I’m following the race for life marathon training programme. Pretty much on track as I want to try and do it as best I can! Im finding it really tiring tho and such a huge commitment.

Whenever I feel tired I just think of what my mum went through suffering with msa and it soon stops me moaning lol!

Have booked airbnb (cancelled the one by the excel centre) by Greenwich park. About a mile from the start. Feel so nervous just thinking about it! Also can’t comprehend the distance at the moment. Be good to hear from more MSA runners. Also what kind d of things you’re doing to fundraise?

Participant

That’s what is keeping me going too, when it gets tough i just think about my mum.
    I’ve got my online giving page, asking local businesses to donate if they wish to and putting forms in shops and pubs around the surrounding areas. We’re from a small town so everyone knows all about it. Getting some coverage in the local and national paper in scotland too which i hope will help.
    I did 13 miles on saturday which took just under 2 hours, but i’m sure the actual day will be a whole different ball game!😄

Participant

Hi All!
    This is my first marathon. My sister and her boyfriend ran the London Marathon in 2014 for MSA and I went to watch and cheer. I was so inspired that i thought one day i will have a go!
    I have done a few half marathons in the past, struggled though as I was 4 stone overweight! I joined weightwatchers 2 years ago and signed myself up to the London Marathon Ballot last April. I knew then it was difficult to get in through the ballot so also registered myself for a place through MSA. In my amazement, I got a place through the Ballot!! I have lost 4 and half stone on weightwatchers and I feel the fittest I have ever been, this year felt like it was the right time!
    I am following the “Improvers London Marathon Training Program” which we got in the magazine. It is going good so far!

I have a just giving page http://www.justgiving.com/runrunrun1 and i post all my updates on there!

I am so excited and hope everything goes smoothly for everyone!

Participant

Hi everyone I’m Barnaby and I live in Reading.

I started running 2 years ago to raise money for charity after my mother passed away and now after taking part in 7 running events, one being a half marathon, the time has come for me to face the ultimate challenge – the London Marathon. 26.2 miles of blood, sweat and tears. I was lucky enough to get in on the ballot and really looking forward to it, strange I know.

My Mother passed away on 14th Feb 2013 from MSA. I want to help to make it more known, and help other families going through what my family have been through. The MSA trust helped me and my family and that’s why I’m doing this.

I’m now up to 21miles and will start to come down now can’t believe it’s only 8 weeks away.

Take care and good luck everyone

Barnaby

Keymaster

Hello Everyone,

First of all Happy Friday 🙂 Great to see some new voices on the forum.

This week we had enquiries from some of you about your commute to London and then to the Starting Area of the Race. If anyone with prior marathon experience can suggest a good time to arrive (to help with train bookings), any helpful tips about bag check-in, parking etc. then that would be great!

Have a great weekend.

Best wishes,

Tanya

Keymaster

Hello Everyone,

We wanted to let all our London Marathon runners know that this is the Trust’s 20th year and as a way to mark the year we have launched 20 Events in 20 Weeks – https://www.msatrust.org.uk/get-involved/20th-anniversary/20-events-20-weeks/ Virgin Money London Marathon is one of the 20 events and we will start off the 20 weeks with this fantastic running event. So you all are already part of the 20 Events 🙂

We at the Trust are currently trying to raise publicity for the 20th Year and the running events. Hence we are putting together Press Releases, material for media coverage/website. In that regard we would like to hear some inspirational fundraising stories (less than 200 words) from you, our London Marathon runners. We already know you are doing a great job so it’s just a question of putting it down in words! This would include answers to questions such as – Why are you running the Marathon?, your connection to the Trust, How was your training like, How do you think the money you raise will help the charity?, – What does people’s support mean to you?, Do you have any other fundraising activities planned for this year? Please email your fundraising stories to fundraising@msatrust.org.uk . If your fundraising page (Just Giving, Virgin Money Giving, Everyday Hero) already has this information and you would like us to use that then please drop us an email to give us permission.

Look forward to reading all your stories.

Best wishes,
    Tanya

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
We regret to announce the MSA Trust will be suspending all of our Support Groups and our memorial event due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus Covid-19. For our full statement, please click here. Our other services and support will continue to be unaffected and available to everybody affected by MSA. For any questions please contact us at support@msatrust.org.uk.
Your Cart